Stylish Entertaining: Introducing Stylish Entertaining Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Introducing Stylish Entertaining

Social gatherings and entertaining have always been a part of my life. As a child, I watched my mother entertain friends and family with the ease and grace a mother could only have. She would flow through the kitchen cooking her wonderful and delicious dishes. I was amazed by her ability to pull everything together in a timely manner and without any glitches. My admiration for her also made me want to aspire to become the perfect hostess and throw memorable parties.

During my teenage years, I became the designated table setter. My mother noticed my attention to detail and gave me a responsibility I would cherish forever. I took pride in my new role. I concentrated on folding the napkins correctly, placing the forks and spoons in their designated spots, and I made sure that there wasn't a dish out place. Everything had to be perfectly arranged and I loved it!

Ten years later, I became the woman of the house and like my mother I began to entertain a countless number of partygoers. My fondness for being the hostess grew with every party. I took pride in my unique appetizers, perfectly placed table settings, and scrumptous meals. My guests also praised my ability to entertain and later nicknamed me the Martha Stewart of the my family.

Recently, I had a conversation with glamorousmoms.com's Shannon Lazovski and she suggested that I create a blog based on entertaining, cooking, and baking. I loved the idea and decided to jump on it! I know I appreciated my mother's advice and I'm confident there are others out there that need a little advice on Stylish Entertaining.

This will be a working progress, but I will post information on all types of parties- from baby showers to holiday parties. If you have any questions or need information on specific entertaining topics, please let me know. No matter the size of the party- from four to 200- I will be here to give you advice and make sure your party is smooth as possible for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ms Kathy, You certainly do set a lovely table
    and you are a very gracious hostess, my only complaint is that I was not invited over enough !

    Good job.....Linda !

    ReplyDelete